Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Judy Go Wong talks about VEEP


Q: What was your experience working on VEEP?

Judy Go Wong: I have a feeling I arrived at an unusual moment in their production cycle. The assistant director said to me, "Today is an unusual day, hard day on set, its not usually like this. Sorry about that!". I took it in stride, just happy to be there and as my acting coach teaches, our job is to put the audience in the moment we want them to be in and not necessary advertise the moment that we as performers are actually in.

Q: What was your impression of Julia Louis-Dreyfus?

Judy Go Wong: She was very professional, as you might imagine, and fun to be around. In more ways than one she was the soul of the show. She made it fun for her co-workers.

Q: Are you a fan VEEP?

Judy Go Wong:  I was especially interested in how a certain style of presentation that originated in the British film In The Loop translated so well into an American TV series.

No comments:

Post a Comment